This program allows students to…
- Deepen theoretical knowledge of English linguistics, of the literatures and cultures of English-speaking countries.
- Apply conceptual, methodological and documentary tools to critical reflection.
- Conduct and take responsibility for a research project involving linguistic and multidisciplinary skills in a collaborative context.
- Stay up to date with the state of research in their sub-specialty.
- Communicate clearly, orally and in writing, in English and French, and in registers adapted to specialist and non-specialist audiences.
Prospects after graduation
While competitive entrance exams in secondary education and/or doctoral studies are the most obvious career options after completing the Master’s degree in English Studies, the skills acquired during the program are valued in a wide range of branches and professions.
- Teaching professions
- Primary and secondary education
- Higher education and research
- Adult education
- Civil service
- Book and cultural professions, digital humanities
- Research and development
- Public relations and international exchanges
Capacity: 50 students
How to apply
Applications are made via the national Mon Master platform. Applications must include the following documents:
- A detailed record of the applicant’s course of study, including an assessment of the objectives and skills acquired through previous training, and their relevance to the course the applicant wishes to enroll in.
- Diplomas, certificates and transcripts showing the nature and level of studies undertaken.
- A cover letter in French
- A research project in English
More details on the program’s website.